Vice President of Sales
StorySlab Inc. seeks a Vice President of Sales. In this role, you will oversee daily sales activity yourself and for our teams, meet with major clients, produce and review sales reports, design new and more effective sales strategies, and work to market and promote company products and services, in close collaboration with our Marketing team. This is a leadership role that reports to the Founder.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in player/coach leadership roles; where you both execute sales and mentor a team.
- Documented revenue success as a sales manager or revenue leader
- Minimum 3 years experience in an managerial role
- Proficient in managing sales activity via a CRM, including forecasting
- Proven track record of developing sales talent internally
- History of managing sales teams in a complex sale with multiple decision makers
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The VP of sales is responsible for all new revenue generation from initial conversation through contract signing
- This role includes hiring, managing and developing sales team members
- The incumbent will also be responsible for forecasting and communicating revenue generation and large opportunities with the rest of the leadership team
- The VP of sales will sell alongside their team to ensure largest opportunities are closed and will carry an individual quota
- Aligns the sales organization’s objectives with firm business strategy through active participation in corporate strategic planning, sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting.
- Accountable for effective sales organization design, including sales job roles, sales channel design, and sales resource deployment.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume, market share, and other key financial performance objectives.
- Leads learning and development initiatives impacting the sales organization, and provides stewardship of sales and sales management talent. The VP establishes learning and development objectives essential to the sales organization’s success, oversees the effective delivery of training and development programs, actively assesses the value of training and development investments, and monitors learning and development outcomes to ensure high ROI.
- Provides leadership to the sales organization’s management team, while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior.
- Accountable for the sales organization support budget. Proactively assesses existing sales organization support investments, including those in technology, training, and administrative support. Ensures support investments yield productivity benefits consistent with established objectives.
- Leads sales organization change initiatives by continuously assessing the need for organizational change, championing change initiatives, and removing obstacles impeding constructive organizational change.
- Establishes and maintains productive peer-to-peer relationships with customers and prospects.
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution. Preferred education in finance, business, communications, and marketing.
- Minimum of ten years of successful sales experience.
- Minimum five years of sales management experience in a business-to-business sales environment.
- SaaS or enablement sales management experience